On May 16, 2018, ARCA hosted a Forum in conjunction with the Brain Injury Advisory Council, a program of the New Mexico Governor’s Commission on Disability. The objective of the forum was to gather information about the need for education and resources on concussions and traumatic brain injuries within the domestic violence population. The five panel members were:
- Michael Langford, CBIS; Acquired Brain Injury Division Director, ARCA
- The Honorable Jane E. Powdrell-Culbert; New Mexico State House of Representatives, District 44
- Sesha Lee; Brain Injury Program Manager, Goodwill Industries of New Mexico (GINM)
- Monica Montoya; Program Coordinator, Brain Injury Advisory Council (BIAC)
- Gail Starr, RN; Clinical Coordinator, Albuquerque Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) Collaborative
We have posted a video below with raw footage of the forum for anyone who either was unable to attend or call in live or would like to revisit the forum discussion.
All resources provided by the panelists can be downloaded by clicking here.
The Interim Committee calendar for the New Mexico Legislature is accessible via their website at https://nmlegis.gov/.